Thursday, December 16, 2010

My, my Where has the time gone

I can't believe my first blog was 2 weeks ago! I was so looking forward to sharing kids stories, and have made mental notes on several days to write about things, but just haven't had the time or motivation to sit down, and do it. This time of year seems to be so crazy, hectic, and stressful while it shouldn't be at all. I might as well be Mrs. Freakin Claus around Christmas time! The whole month of December I'm jamming out to Christmas music, my house is decorated RIGHT after Thanksgiving, and my t.v. is always on ABC Family because..... well they always play Christmas movies of course. :-) For whatever reason, I find myself getting caught up in the stressful parts of this wonderful season as well. Making travel arrangements, who gets what gift, pot lucks, and Christmas parties. Who has the time?! But the truth of the matter is we all have the time, it's just about enjoying it as you go.

Isaac, and Alden have a Christmas list of things for us to do/ make that's about a million pages long. Today, I found myself getting stressed about what project to do first, and what we would have time to do when Alden got home. Alden gets very upset if all the fun stuff is done when he gets home. Much to my surprise when Alden got home he just dropped his bags, yelled "it's snowing", and bolted out the door. Before I knew it, Roxy, Isaac, and I were all running around in the 1/2 inch-1 inch of snow that we've gotten, and were having a ball! No planning needed, no organization, just running around being silly. After about 30 minutes of this we headed inside to sit by the fire, and have done absolutely nothing for the remainder of the afternoon. It's amazing how relaxing, and enjoyable the little things in life can be if you let them.

Here's to spontaneous fun, no planning needed!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are laying down the stories for the boys. I know they are growing up and may not have you around as much in the future. These stories will be pearls from you to them. There is even a way to make them into a sweet book to give the boys when you want to share.

    ReplyDelete